[webkit-dev] Selection highlight painting ("gaps"?)

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue Oct 20 02:05:44 PDT 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 2:03 PM, Peter Kasting wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Joe Mason <joe at notcharles.ca> wrote:
> Perhaps the browser should have "Copy text" and "Copy all objects"
> options (in which case either WebKit needs to support both modes, or
> the browser would need to filter the copied data).
>
> Yes, that could help.  Filed crbug.com/25239.

FWIW WebKit already knows how to put plain text on the clipboard, and
in fact at least on Mac it always copies both HTML and plain text
form. This allows apps to choose which to use based on their
capabilities, or to offer both (via a Paste and Match Style command
for plain text). I think every modern Mac browser puts HTML on the
pasteboard as at least one of the available formats. I don't know what
the norm is on Windows.

Regards,
Maciej