[webkit-dev] Questions to the Android and WebOS team...
zecke at selfish.org
Sun Oct 18 08:00:00 PDT 2009
Hello Android Team, WebOS Team,
I hope you are lurking or can be poked by your friends that read this. I spent
some of my Friday and Sunday going through the git repository/patch.
I would like to encourage you to put some of your patches up to review as I
think anyone can benefit from the great work you have done on some areas.
While looking at the Android tree:
- Please send the alignment fix for WebCore::StringHash::equal
- Please elaborate on the removal of current->decodedSize() in
- I didn't look deeper as the history is quite hard to navigate and
rebasing would be very nice.
While looking at the WebOS patch:
- Nice change with the JDCT_IFAST for jpeg decoding
- Nice change to get rid of floating point calculation in RGBA32Buffer
for pre-multiplied alpha and figuring out the difference of division
of 256 and 255 for the 0..256 range. Please propose to merge this
- Do you have numbers for your CSSParser change to not go through
fastMalloc for various sizes of the CSS?
- Did you have problems with pruneLiveResources or why are you
throwing away the raw CSS text after having parsed it in
I would like to encourage all of you to file bug reports for these small
changes and flag your patches for review.
PS: Dear Android team, could you please produce a nice and clean patch against
the base revision of WebKit. The perforce imports, the lack of new ChangeLogs
make it really tough to figure out what was taken from ToT and what was added
More information about the webkit-dev