[webkit-dev] Landing your own patches

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Wed Oct 14 00:38:42 PDT 2009

Has this actually been a problem?  I know the commit-queue broke
something today when landing a patch for Evan Martin, but he was on
IRC and I made sure he was on the hook to watch the bots before I had
to leave.  If I've landed things via commit-queue and not cleaned up
after them, I certainly apologize.  Eric has talked about having the
commit-queue watch the bots and send out email to the appropriate
people when the commit-queue breaks something.

What I see as more of a problem is the failing tests on Tiger and
SnowLeopard the past few days.  Having red columns on the tree makes
it harder to see when a new regression is introduced.  Looking at the
tree, the issue seems to have been resolved.  If that was caused by
the commit-queue, then I agree we should improve the commit-queue
process.  If it was caused by someone committing their own patch, then
I think we should improve the self-commit process.

Adam