[webkit-dev] Landing your own patches

Sam Weinig sam.weinig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 23:22:18 PDT 2009

Hi WebKit Developers,
As nice as it may be to have a bot landing your patches, I think developers
who have a commit bit should try and make the effort to land their own
patches.  Mainly I think this is a good idea since the creator of the patch
has a much better chance of fixing the issue or quickly rolling it out if
they have to consciously commit and watch the bots.  It also, and perhaps
more importantly, places a lesser burden on the community who ends up doing
this job for them.

I understand the concern of those working on Windows who don't necessarily
have access to a Mac and I applaud your fear of breaking the build, but I
think in the end you are using the wrong tool (admittedly due to a lack of
trybots, but the commit bot will not run Qt or Gtk) and you are using it too
much (most patches probably won't break a build, unless you are named Dave
Hyatt).

Thanks,

-Sam