[webkit-dev] How loading a frame ought to work

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Wed Oct 14 00:28:24 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM, George Staikos <staikos at kde.org> wrote:
> Strongly support your suggested refactoring -- on the condition that you
> clearly document it on the wiki as you go.   This just gets more and more
> complex and I don't think we can risk more refactoring resulting in
> potentially even fewer people having a very clear idea of what is happening.

In general, the WebKit project seems to prefer easily understandable
code to external documentation.  When thing settle down some more,
I'll certainly add comments explaining what the role of each object
is.

> Also I wonder why fragment scroll isn't covered by the policy callback.  I
> haven't had a need to block that before but I can think of some cases right
> now where it might be handy.  I'm not advocating bloat without a cause, but
> perhaps if you're refactoring it we might un-special-case it.

This seems like a feature we can add in the future should we find a
need for it.  Certainly nothing I'm doing will preclude that.

Adam