[webkit-dev] Staging WebSocket protocol deployment

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Fri Nov 13 10:46:47 PST 2009

*cc'ing others involved in WebSockets (server and client side)

I'm not very familiar with the IETF's efforts, but my understanding is that
they were creating a competing protocol.  Are they in fact creating
something that they want to submit as a replacement to WebSockets?  If so,
why is WebSockets moving to last call?

I'm not necessarily against this change, just confused by it.
*