[webkit-dev] A bot-filled future?

Eric Carlson eric.carlson at apple.com
Fri Nov 13 10:13:37 PST 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 8:20 PM, Adam Roben wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2009, at 6:59 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
>
>> It's also easy to spot tests with "FAIL" or "PASS" in the output. :)
>
> I'd hope that those tests would have cross-platform results, since
> clearly the condition is testable without having access to a full
> render tree dump.

   Creating and maintaing cross-platform results is a real challenge
in some cases. With HTMLMediaElement tests, for example, we have to
deal with the fact that different ports uses different backend media
engines and not all ports support support the same file formats and
codecs. This means it can be impossible to predict results without
actually running a tests in each port. Having a try server would be
quite helpful for these types of tests.

eric