[webkit-dev] A bot-filled future?

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Thu Nov 12 15:59:44 PST 2009

To clarify, I think abarth's proposal is great and we shouldn't block it on
other things a try-server could provide. Would just be nice to keep the
"make writing patches more efficient" use-case in mind as we add other
infrastructure to avoid needing, for example, a whole different set of
servers for that.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
>
> 2. Can grab layout test results from the try servers. This would reduce the
> need/occurence of committing Mac expectations and then cleaning up other
> platforms post commit.
>
> Without being able to see the loaded page on that platform, how do you know
> if the results are correct?
>
> (If you're able to verify the results just based on the test output, maybe
> the test should be cross-platform!)

This entirely depends on the change you're making. For example, with a
change that makes buttons 1px wider it's easy to verify from the layout test
diff that the new results are correct. It's also easy to spot tests with
"FAIL" or "PASS" in the output. :)

Ojan