[webkit-dev] Rendering Video using video overlay rather than on a Cairo surface (Graphics overlay)

Sriram Neelakandan sriram.neelakandan at gmail.com
Fri May 29 22:12:36 PDT 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Ajit Singh <ajit.singh at 2wire.com> wrote:
> a custom MIPS processor which has a dedicated video scalar on it.
I guess the BCM7xxx chip must have an attribute window to control the
Video and Graphics Plane blending.

> I want to render video using a video scalar instead of this Cairo surface. I
> came to know the video coordinates of the Videobox are inside paint function
> of MediaPlayerPrivateGstreamer..
> What is the best way to do it?

So what u can do is this:
When the setSize/paint function gets called; "size and rect indicate
the visible video area to be displayed"
Setup the Attribute window to blend the Graphics over Video.
In case you dont have an attribute window and use the Alpha bits in
ARGB8888 OSD mode ;
then u will have to fill the necessary Alpha bits in your primary OSD plane !

Now the tough job is to blend Graphics/HTML controls that the page
will render on top of the Video plane
That may require some hacking in the Renderer to see whats below and
ensure we tweak the Alpha bits to bring Graphics on top for those
player controls alone (with transparency maintained as per CSS rules
!)

Will be interested in knowing your proceedings ..
--
Sriram Neelakandan
Author - Embedded Linux System Design And Development