[webkit-dev] Rendering Video using video overlay rather than on a Cairo surface (Graphics overlay)

Ajit Singh ajit.singh at 2wire.com
Fri May 29 21:14:18 PDT 2009

WebKit's Gstreamer Plugin ( MediaPlayerPrivateGstremaer ) creates a
WebKit video sink plugin (VideoSinkGstreamer) which uses a Cairo surface
to render video on. We are porting WebKit on a custom MIPS processor
which has a dedicated video scalar on it.

I want to render video using a video scalar instead of this Cairo
surface. I came to know the video coordinates of the Videobox are inside
paint function of MediaPlayerPrivateGstreamer..

If I disable the graphics plane entirely then I can see that video is
positioned and scaled as requested by the layout engine but I just want
to make the surface on top of videobox to be translucent , so that the
underneath video is visible.

What is the best way to do it?

Thanks for helping,

Ajit