kabootar55 at yahoo.com
Fri May 29 13:51:49 PDT 2009
I did the checkout from cygwin, I do not think you can do it from DOS command.
I tried one thing else and that seems to have done the trick. Reading the documents over and over I noticed they say copy the webkit to "cygn\home\<username>\Webkit.
In my build I did not have such structure, so I created a "Home\username" node under cygwin and copied Webkit there and tried to rebuild. It says the build is successful, I try to run it now :)
Regarding the bug fix. When I checked out the code it gave me the choice between Windows Text format or Unix format, I chose Windows Text format (Should have stayed with default). I think that messed things up. Below is the result of the build.
WebKit is now built. To run Safari with this newly-built
code, use the "WebKitTools/Scripts/run-safari" script.
NOTE: WebKit has been built with SVG support enabled.
Safari will have SVG viewing capabilities.
Your build supports the following (optional) SVG features:
* Basic SVG animation.
* SVG as image.
* SVG fonts.
* SVG foreign object.
* SVG <use> support.
The build created the following directories:
Is this all it should be?
Now I tried to run Safari from cygwin and I get notification below:
1 file(s) copied.
'FindSafari.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 x86 tools.
When I search for FindSafari.exe it is not there.
Thanks for all the help.
--- On Fri, 5/29/09, Roland Steiner <rolandsteiner at google.com> wrote:
From: Roland Steiner <rolandsteiner at google.com>
Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] WebKit-Build
To: "F S" <kabootar55 at yahoo.com>
Cc: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
Date: Friday, May 29, 2009, 12:56 PM
Could it be that you did the checkout from under the Windows command line rather than from within CygWin? This messes it up, at least that was the cause for a similar issue I encountered. Everything worked fine when I re-did the checkout under CygWin. It's also the first time I see the link you posted - that patch shouldn't be necessary AFAIK.
Also (someone correct me if I'm wrong), setting any windows environment variable also shouldn't be necessary, provided you set up the include paths in Visual Studio correctly. (The only environment variable you need is WEBKIT_TESTFONTS if you run layout tests on Windows - a whole 'nother can of worms).
The errors you list below are auto-generated files. It seems the scripts that generate them haven't been run, probably due to some previous error (could be linked to the above issue).
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM, F S <kabootar55 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Sorry, my previous email was sent at the middle, do not know why.
I have made some improvements that I like to share the findings, however it still does not build.
Things I did:
- Added Environment Variables for INCLUDE, PATH and LIB to Windows environment to match VC++ setting
- Reading through google find out needed to change "WebKit\WebCore\css\makevalues.pl" file to fix a bug.
- Now the WebCore projects compiles with only 32 errors as opposed to 1000+ errors.
Below is the files it can not find. I have run the webkit-update. Do you know why these files are missing and where can I get them?
c:\cygwin\usr\webkit\webcore\svg\SVGElement.h(29) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SVGNames.h': No such file or directory
..\editing\DeleteButtonController.cpp(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'CSSValueKeywords.h': No such file or directory
..\bindings\js\JSNodeCustom.cpp(61) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'JSSVGElementWrapperFactory.h': No such file or directory
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\webkitbuild\obj\webcore\derivedsources\XMLNames.cpp': No such file or directory
..\bindings\js\JSElementCustom.cpp(44) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'JSSVGElementWrapperFactory.h': No such file or directory
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\webkitbuild\obj\webcore\derivedsources\SVGElementFactory.cpp': No such file or directory
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\webkitbuild\obj\webcore\derivedsources\JSSVGElementWrapperFactory.cpp': No such file or directory
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\webkitbuild\obj\webcore\derivedsources\XLinkNames.cpp': No such file or directory
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\webkitbuild\obj\webcore\derivedsources\WMLElementFactory.cpp': No such file or directory
Thanks and regards,
--- On Fri, 5/29/09, F S <kabootar55 at yahoo.com> wrote:
From: F S <kabootar55 at yahoo.com>
To: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
Date: Friday, May 29, 2009, 6:23 AM
I am new in Webkit development and I need your help.
I am trying to build webkit with no success, I have spent quite some time reading google for possible hints and have seen many posts with many people having the same problem (some were posted a year or two ago) but have not seen any solution yet.
I appreciate your help and looking forward to contribute as soon as I get my feet on the ground.
Some background regarding my problem.
- Problem I see when I build:
Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:
I have followed step by step the build instructions from (http://webkit.org/building/checkout.html).
- I installed VC Express and I am able to build successfully from VC Express (sample code)
- I visited useful link (http://blog.wrbsoftware.com/archive/2009/04/14/debugging-safari-on-windows.aspx).
- I got the latest Webkit code and I placed it under C:\cygwin\usr\webkit
It seems to me that I still am not seeing some undocumented steps and I am hoping you might be able to point me to a solution.
Thank you very much.
webkit-dev mailing list
webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-dev