[webkit-dev] WebKit-Build

F S kabootar55 at yahoo.com
Fri May 29 13:51:49 PDT 2009

Hi Roland,

I did the checkout from cygwin, I do not think you can do it from DOS command.

I tried one thing else and that seems to have done the trick.  Reading the documents over and over I noticed they say copy the webkit to "cygn\home\<username>\Webkit.
In my build I did not have such structure,  so I created a "Home\username" node under cygwin and copied Webkit there and tried to rebuild.  It says the build is successful, I try to run it now :)

Regarding the bug fix.  When I checked out the code it gave me the choice between Windows Text format or Unix format, I chose Windows Text format (Should have stayed with default). I think that messed things up.  Below is the result of the build.

WebKit is now built. To run Safari with this newly-built
code, use the "WebKitTools/Scripts/run-safari" script.
NOTE: WebKit has been built with SVG support enabled.
Safari will have SVG viewing capabilities.
Your build supports the following (optional) SVG features:
 * Basic SVG animation.
 * SVG as image.
 * SVG fonts.
 * SVG foreign object.
 * SVG <use> support.

The build created the following directories:
C:\cygwin\home\username\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\InterfacesGenerated
C:\cygwin\home\username\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\JavaScriptCore
C:\cygwin\home\username\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\JavaScriptCoreGenerated
C:\cygwin\home\username\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\record-memory-win
C:\cygwin\home\username\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\WebCore
C:\cygwin\home\username\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\WebKit

Is this all it should be?

Now I tried to run Safari from cygwin and I get notification below:

$ run-safari
        1 file(s) copied.
'FindSafari.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 x86 tools.

When I search for FindSafari.exe it is not there.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
Fred