[webkit-dev] WebKit-Build

Roland Steiner rolandsteiner at google.com
Fri May 29 12:56:47 PDT 2009

Hi Fred,

Could it be that you did the checkout from under the Windows command line
rather than from within CygWin? This messes it up, at least that was the
cause for a similar issue I encountered. Everything worked fine when I
re-did the checkout under CygWin. It's also the first time I see the link
you posted - that patch shouldn't be necessary AFAIK.
Also (someone correct me if I'm wrong), setting any windows environment
variable also shouldn't be necessary, provided you set up the include paths
in Visual Studio correctly. (The only environment variable you need is
WEBKIT_TESTFONTS if you run layout tests on Windows - a whole 'nother can of
worms).

The errors you list below are auto-generated files. It seems the scripts
that generate them haven't been run, probably due to some previous error
(could be linked to the above issue).

Cheers,

Roland