[webkit-dev] SharedWorkers alternate design

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Thu May 28 16:32:57 PDT 2009

> Can you think of a more specific way to describe the reationship than
> "front" and "back" or "client" and "service"? Does one of the Gang of Four
> Design Patterns apply? That can be a good resource for clear ways to
> describe class relationships, even fairly abstract ones.

Nice suggestion...

In my case Facade may be the most appropriate name for what i've been
referring to as the 'frontend' interface. I'm endeavoring to provide a
simplified interface (a facade) to a more complex system, the moving
parts of which are not important to clients of the facade.

Inside that Facade, Proxy may be the most appropriate for the
messaging abstraction parts.

ApplicationCacheFacade
   * uses ApplicationCacheSystemProxy

ApplicationCacheSystem