[webkit-dev] glib bindings

Jerry Spicklemire zopefiend at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 14:19:30 PDT 2009

Re: Gustavo's reply,

--- On Mon, 5/11/09, Gustavo Noronha <gns at gnome.org> wrote:
> From: Gustavo Noronha <gns at gnome.org>
> Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] glib bindings
> To: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
> Date: Monday, May 11, 2009, 4:34 PM
>
> I don't really understand your question. I believe you are
> talking about the bug report that is about implementing
> the glib DOM bindings? If you need DOM bindings you'll
> have to wait a bit more.

Sorry, I should have added a link. I was asking about:

http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/GlibBindings

Which mentions:

"... manipulating the DOM model directly through
the glib/gobject bindings has in one case improved
performance by roughly an
order of magnitude -
and that was through a second layer of Python
bindings to the Glib bindings.

Many other applications may wish to benefit from
the power and small
footprint of WebKit ..."

And, yes, you're right about needing the DOM bindings.

When you say, "you'll have to wait a bit more", I would
like to take that as an encouraging sign, but I don't have
any point of reference. Roughly how long is "a bit more",
in Webkit?

I can get started with the existing Deb downloads, but
by the time I have to start delivering a cross platform
version, it will be too late to switch horses.

Thanks again,
Jerry S.