[webkit-dev] Problem with building WebKit

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Thu May 7 06:44:16 PDT 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 5:55 AM, Seby wrote:

> Sorry to confuse you.. The buildlog.htm for WebCore showed the below
> line:
>
> e:\cygwin\home\seby\webkit\webcore\svg\SVGElement.h(29) : fatal
> error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SVGNames.h': No such file or
> directory SVGResourceMarker.cpp
>
> I meant that the SVGElement.h is there, but i dont see other files
> SVGNames.h and SVGResourceMarker.cpp in the same location. Where is
> it supposed to be?

Here's SVGResourceMarker.cpp:

  % find . -name 'SVGResourceMarker.cpp'
./WebCore/svg/graphics/SVGResourceMarker.cpp

SVGNames.h is created by the WebCoreGenerated. It uses WebCore/svg/
svgtags.in and WebCore/svg/svgattrs.in as its input files, and outputs
WebKitBuild/obj/WebCore/DerivedSources/SVGNames.h and WebKitBuild/obj/
WebCore/DerivedSources/SVGNames.cpp.

> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Seby <seby.francis at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, I dont see any errors.. Here is the Results sections from
> BuildLog.htm:
>
> Results
>
> Build log was saved at "file://E:\Build\obj\WebCoreGenerated\Release\
> BuildLog.htm"
> WebCoreGenerated - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

What about earlier in the log file? It's possible that something could
go wrong in WebCoreGenerated and the Results would still says "0
error(s)" (though if that is happening it's a bug that it would be
good for us to fix).

-Adam