[webkit-dev] How can I listen for a page load complete event

Meryl Silverburgh silverburgh.meryl at gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:32:53 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2009, at 10:55 AM, Meryl Silverburgh wrote:
>
>> I am trying to do that in C++ on MacOS.
>> And when page load complete, I meant the browser finish loading
>> everything (all js, images, css).
>
> Implement a frame load delegate, and implement the
> -webView:didFinishLoadForFrame: method. There’s documentation about how to
> use WebKit’s Objective-C API, including samples, at Apple’s
> developer.apple.com website.

Thank you. If implementating the 'didFinishLoadForFrame' method is to
listen for browser finishing loading everything, then some please in
webkit code must call the didFinishLoadForFrame' to tell teh delegate
that page load is done, right?

But when i search the code, i only find these places calling . None of
them is calling didFinishLoadForFrame on MacOS.  Can you please tell
me what am i missing?

Database directory: /Volumes/WebKit/
*** WebKit/mac/WebView/WebFrameLoadDelegate.h:
<unknown>[110]                 @method webView:didFinishLoadForFrame:
<unknown>[118]                 - (void)webView:(WebView *)sender
didFinishLoadForFrame:(WebFrame *)frame;

*** WebKit/mac/WebView/WebViewInternal.h:
<unknown>[107]                 - (void)_didFinishLoadForFrame:(WebFrame *)frame;
<unknown>[188]                 IMP didFinishLoadForFrameFunc;

*** WebKit/qt/WebCoreSupport/FrameLoaderClientQt.cpp:
<unknown>[387]                 printf("%s - didFinishLoadForFrame\n",
qPrintable(drtDescriptionSuitableForTestResult(m_frame)));

*** WebKit/win/Interfaces/IWebFrameLoadDelegate.idl:
<unknown>[136]                 @method webView:didFinishLoadForFrame:
<unknown>[143]                 - (void)webView:(WebView *)sender
didFinishLoadForFrame:(WebFrame *)frame;
<unknown>[145]                 HRESULT didFinishLoadForFrame([in]
IWebView* webView, [in] IWebFrame* frame);

*** WebKit/win/WebCoreSupport/WebFrameLoaderClient.cpp:
<unknown>[342]
frameLoadDelegate->didFinishLoadForFrame(webView, m_webFrame);

*** WebKitBuild/Debug/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Headers/WebFrameLoadDelegate.h:
<unknown>[110]                 @method webView:didFinishLoadForFrame:
<unknown>[118]                 - (void)webView:(WebView *)sender
didFinishLoadForFrame:(WebFrame *)frame;

*** WebKitTools/DumpRenderTree/mac/NavigationController.h:
<unknown>[38]                  - (void)webView:(WebView *)sender
didFinishLoadForFrame:(WebFrame *)frame;

*** WebKitTools/DumpRenderTree/win/FrameLoadDelegate.cpp:
<unknown>[220]                 HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE
FrameLoadDelegate::didFinishLoadForFrame(
<unknown>[225]                 printf("%s - didFinishLoadForFrame\n",
descriptionSuitableForTestResult(frame).c_str());

*** WebKitTools/DumpRenderTree/win/FrameLoadDelegate.h:
<unknown>[78]                  virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE
didFinishLoadForFrame(

*** WebKitTools/WinLauncher/WinLauncher.h:
<unknown>[69]                  virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE
didFinishLoadForFrame(

Search complete.  Search time = 20.19 seconds.