[webkit-dev] Building WebToolKit

Angrez Singh angrez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 04:51:47 PDT 2009

Hi,

I tried building webtoolkit using the instructions given on the site. I
can't proceed further as it is not able to find VCExpress.exe in c:\program
files.

I have installed full version of VS 2005 SP1 on my machine. The real
question is why it is looking for VCExpress.exe and why only in c:\program
files. Most of people don't install it in that directory. They use custom
directory.

Can that be changed to check where Visual Studio is installed (by checking
registry) and then using it in build process?

File "webkit/WebKitTools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm" line no 919

Thanks,
Angrez