[webkit-dev] Use SquirrelFishExtreme Alone, Many Questions

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Wed Mar 18 09:32:29 PDT 2009

On Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:02:04 AM, Brian Barnes wrote:

> 1) Can I compile SFE alone (without webkit)

Yes.  Squirrelfish Extreme ("SFX") is an implementation "detail" (albeit a very significant detail :) of the JavaScriptCore framework.

> 2) Are there XCode and MVC projects (for SPE alone), and is the XCode
> project a  framework?

Yes, it's JavaScriptCore.  Yes it's also an Xcode project.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/WebKit_JavaScriptCore_Ref/index.html

> 4) Is there a C interface (obviously I can't find the docs :) )

Yes, it's a C interface.

Dave