[webkit-dev] Browser application, how to serialize

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at trolltech.com
Tue Jun 30 02:50:45 PDT 2009

> The problem is after the setZoomFactor() has finished zooming the frame, we
> get to see the label widget. The qDebug() statements however get displayed
> on console in s sequence they are written in code.
>
> I want to display the label before starting to zoom and hide the label
> after the frame has been zoomed. Can you please help me in knowing how can
> I serialize these functionalities?

Widgets handling in Qt is asynchronous, it will not get the show event until
the event loop/dispatcher has the chance to deliver that event (which it did
not while zooming is still being carried out). You might want to have a look
at http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qcoreapplication.html#processEvents for
details.

A friendly warning: this is more a Qt question, less related to WebKit. Please
ask such questions on qt-interest list, or post it to StackOverflow, or
contact Qt support if you are a paid customer, or just call your nearest Qt
consultant.

--
Ariya Hidayat, Software Engineer
Qt Software, Nokia Devices R&D