[webkit-dev] Why does nmake always rebuild WebKit?

TianShijun tiansjun at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 29 10:22:40 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I have encountered a painful problem. When I "nmake WebKitBuild/Release/WebCore/Makefile", it always rebuild almost the whole project. Here is my enviorment: Vista SP1/VS2008 SP1/QT 4.5.0/bison 2.4.1/flex 2.5.4/gperf 3.0.1/ActivePerl 5.10.0. I build the QtWebKit with "perl WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit --release" in VC command line. All the make files are generated by qmake.If I run nmake in command line, it always rebuild the whole project. It is intolerable! Does anyone encounter this problem? How to fix it?

Thanks.