[webkit-dev] Help enabling Java Applets

Gustavo Noronha gns at gnome.org
Sat Jun 27 15:51:31 PDT 2009

Hey,

On Sat, 2009-06-27 at 15:17 -0300, Perry Werneck wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right list but...   I'm testing webkit/gtk
> but I can't run pages with Java Applets. I manage to enable the java
> support with a few changes on webkitview.cpp and lookg like the applet
> is loading but I doesn't starts. Any clue or help will be appreciated.

I've done the same investigation as you did, and after asking around,
I've been told that the current implementation of the java plugin that
most distributions ship uses gecko-specific API, instead of limiting
itself to the NPAPI.

Notice that I am no a canonical source of information regarding this, so
if anyone knows better, please do correct me. That's the only thing I
still have Epiphany/Gecko for, here, because of my dumb bank, so I also
have a big interest in this matter =).

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha <gns at gnome.org>