[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore in Windows Applications

Eric Brunstad webkit-list at ericbrunstad.com
Mon Jun 22 16:19:14 PDT 2009

Hi Brent,

Is it possible to replace a DLL used by the compiled WebKit with a
newer version of the same DLL without recompiling WebKit?  I need to
link my application with CFLite but your compiled version of WebKit in
CallJS does not include a CFLite library file (only a DLL).  Your
requirements package has a DLL and a library file though.  Can I just
delete the DLL without a library file and copy in the one from CallJS
or will that not work?  If not, would you be willing to build me a
copy of WebKit with the CFLite library file intact?  I would be
willing to pay if necessary.  I have tried extensively to build the
source, but I always get errors that I think are related to using
Visual Studio 2005 Express.  Would buying Visual Studio 2005 Pro make
building WebKit work more seamlessly? I'm not sure I would have much
use for it other than building WebKit, so I would rather not buy it if
I don't have to.

Thanks,
Eric