[webkit-dev] VS2005 debugger complains that webkit.pdb does not match with webkit.dll

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:18:12 PDT 2009

Hi,

I would suggest that you avoid using the CoCreateInstance mechanism
for instantiation of the WebKit types, and instead use the new

1.  Include the header "<WebKit/WebKitCOMAPI.h>"
2.  Link against the WebKitGUID.lib and WebKit.lib
3.  Create your object like so:

HRESULT hr = WebKitCreateInstance(CLSID_WebView, 0, IID_IWebView,
(void**)&gWebView);

The advantages are:

1.  No need to manipulate "Internal COM" or other manifest stuff.
2.  No more errors that COM can't find your WebKit objects.
3.  Your application will not get confused about Safari's DLL's and
your own DLL's (assuming you put your WebKit.dll in the same path with
your application.)

Good luck!

-Brent