[webkit-dev] Review states

tonikitoo (Antonio Gomes) tonikitoo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 08:57:11 PDT 2009

A possible solution (adopted by Mozilla) is the use of
"checkin-needed" keyword. So:

1) In case of a patch with r+ and a commiter is assignee, all
requested modifications can be needed before landing
2) when a patch has r+ and a non-commiter is assignee, it needs an
updated patch (that can carry the previous r+ state - no further r=?
request), and after addressing the comments, assignee can use the
keywork CHECKIN-NEEDED.
3) when a patch has r+ plus changes request, assigneed to a
non-comitter, w/out "checkin-needed" , it wont land until he updates.

Seems not so hard as bugzilla supports keyworks already.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Ojan Vafai<ojan at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> I forgot to mention - there should probably be a final "Checked In" state.
>> I think that would help smooth out the workflow when people attach multiple
>> patches to a single bug. It seems more clear than unflagging.
>
> Would be great if this also took a revision number (like how mark as
> duplicate takes a bug number) so it could add a link to the trac URL.

--Antonio Gomes