[webkit-dev] SharedWorkers alternate design

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Wed Jun 17 18:23:47 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Drew Wilson <atwilson at google.com> wrote:

> Following up again on this - now that my cross-thread MessagePort patch is
> getting close to landing, I am moving forward on the SharedWorker design
> described earlier in this thread.
> I think there is still little clarity around the appcache behavior (dimich:
> are you bring over your "shadow frame" concept to webkit?).

I think we're making decent progress, but integration with workers is a ways
off yet. First things first for me, get things working w/o workers.

I'm wondering about bringing the 'shadow frame' technique to webcore too?

> It doesn't seem like it should block the rest of SharedWorker development
> while we work out the details - I will not expose the appcache APIs for
> SharedWorkers until we have consensus about how they should work.

Sounds good. You should plow ahead without concern for appcache integration.
I'll back fill later. We'll have similar backfilling to do with the Database
too.