[webkit-dev] arm jit

Geoffrey Garen ggaren at apple.com
Wed Jun 10 14:14:10 PDT 2009

> It could be worth trying a stub function that triggers the
> compilation of the function should it not be present, but i'm not
> sure what that would really save as we still need the arity checks
> inline

A design that I like is a stub function that triggers compilation (so
the caller can always "just call"), combined with an arity check in
the callee, which linked calls can skip (by linking to a label past
the end of the arity check).

I think that could simplify the calling code, while reducing its
footprint.

Geoff