[webkit-dev] LayoutTests take too long to run

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Fri Jul 31 22:25:15 PDT 2009

681.70s total testing time

That's 11.5 minutes for every patch I want to land.
 (because I run the layout tests before landing anything, as part of
bugzilla-tool).

I'm very interested in any suggestions folks have to make that number
smaller.  I know Chromium runs the layout tests in parallel using
their python run_webkit_tests.py harness.
 Try-bots would be another solution to the "make sure it passes all the
tests before landing".

Again, very interested in suggestions as to how to improve this.

-eric