[webkit-dev] svn-create-patch acting oddly lately

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Mon Jul 20 14:24:55 PDT 2009

On Jul 20, 2009, at 2:17 PM, Peter Kasting wrote:

> In the meantime, I've tried and failed to recreate Darin's problem
> locally, so I'm at the mercy of other people to report that they're
> having this problem.

The key here is that "/Users/darin" is a symbolic link to "/Volumes/
Home/darin" — you can probably reproduce this by putting the checkout
directory inside a symbolic link.

In determineSvnRoot(), $last is ".." and then $svnRoot ends up as "/
Users/darin/Safari/OpenSource/WebKit/..", which seems bad. Is rel2abs
supposed to handle that?

In chdirAndGetDifference(), before is "/Users/darin/Safari/OpenSource/
WebKit" and after is "/Volumes/Home/darin/Safari/OpenSource".

     -- Darin