[webkit-dev] [Feature request] Bugzilla: default unassignee emails to per component.

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Wed Jul 15 01:10:02 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 13:15 -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> To follow bug activities on a particular component, we should probably
> add a Bugzilla watch feature that lets you follow bug activities on a
> component.

I was talking about this with Mark Rowe this week: what we need is to
enable the QA Contact feature, and point components' QA contact to
'fake' email addresses, so that it is easy to 'subscribe' to them.

In GNOME's bugzilla the default assignee and QA contact both are fake
email addresses named like this: <project>@gnome.bugs. The good thing of
having it this way is that, even if a developer assigns the bug to
himself, the QA contact keeps receiving notifications, and thus alerting
interested people of changes.

I would like to see something of this sort implemented, because I would
really like to follow the WebKit Gtk component. RSS helps, but is so
very limited compared to receiving copies of bug mail.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME