[webkit-dev] any progress on GObject/C DOM binding? (#16401)

Gour gour at gour-nitai.com
Wed Jul 8 09:06:05 PDT 2009

Hi!

Few days ago I found out about Pyjamas(-Desktop) project and became
ecstatic upon the prospect of being able to use the same Python code
to run both desktop and web app in a browser.

However, soon I've came to know there are some showstopper preventing
users fully utilize this project or forcing them to use patched version
of webkit.

Today I was browsing the bugzilla and it seems that the situation is
summarized as:

> The reviewer(s) have said:
>
> - The patch must be broken up into smaller pieces before being reviewed
> further.
>
> I think the important take-away here is that no one has stated that the patch
> may never be landed, just that it needs to be broken up, reviewed and
> landed in pieces.
>
> I'm not sure there's much more to say at this point until you (or
> someone else) can find more time to work on breaking up the patch.

I left my comment there, but here I'm appealing (as end-user) if
some progress can be made so that we can get full DOM binding and having
opportunity to enjoy in whatever pyjamas project is offering to Python
coders.

(Un)fortunately I do not speak Java and prefer writing in Python
vs. different JS Ajax frameworks.

Let's be happy that someone wrote the code and don't put policies over
it.

Hoping that DOM bindings will escape from its stalemate position.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6