[webkit-dev] Show more context in diffs

Julie Parent jparent+webkit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:33:50 PDT 2009

When viewing patches on bugs.webkit.org, either with the review tool or
prettydiff, I regularly find the 3 lines of context provided to
be insufficient to really understand the code change.  This may be because I
am new to the code base, or because I am used to review tools like Rietveld,
but I find that every time I want to look at a patch, I have to open the
file side by side with the patch window to fully understand the change.
 This is very annoying and often leads me to just give up and not bother
fully understanding the code.
Proposal: I'd like to change svn-create-patch to increase the number of
lines of context provided (suggestions for how many are welcome).  One
downside to doing this of course would be that patch sizes would increase.

Julie