[webkit-dev] Build problems

Frank Thomsen fth at trifork.com
Thu Jan 29 06:08:30 PST 2009

Hi

I am trying to build the source for webkit on my windows XP but it keeps failing. I have corrected some errors, but the current is rather persistent: Apparently the first project to fail is JavaScriptCore with the following result (from buildlog.html):

(a-lot-of-irrelevant-stuff)
Compiling...
ArrayConstructor.cpp
Arguments.cpp
Compiling...
Grammar.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\..\webkitbuild\obj\javascriptcore\derivedsources\Grammar.cpp': No such file or directory
Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:
$(PRODUCTION)

First of all I have installed cygwin in "c:\cygwin" and I have "C:\cygwin\obj\JavaScriptCore\DerivedSources\" (where grammar.cpp is located) in my include-path. So what is wrong, and why does it keep warning me about the env. Variable PRODUCTION? I have declared it but what is the value of it supposed to be?

I sincerely hope that someone can help me.

Best regards
Frank