[webkit-dev] Building the windows cairo port of webkit with MINGW compiler

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 16:26:17 PST 2009

Hi Alex,

On Jan 18, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Alexander Vassilev wrote:

> quite at the base level, i.e. a smart pointer class. Therefore I
> come to
> the conclusion that the CF dependency cannot be avoided. How does this
> correspond with licensing issues - as far as I understand the Cairo
> port
> aims to free the user of proprietary licenses. Also there is the
> problem
> I mentioned before - CF lib comes in .lib format and is not usable for
> MINGW. I found references to a CFLite project which is udner an open
> license. Is that the project that is intended to be used here?

I have a buildable version of CoreFoundation available on SourceForge
(see http://lwat.blogspot.com/2008/11/core-foundation-moved.html for
some background).  This is Apple's APSL-licensed software, which
should be okay for any use where WebKit is okay.

This is known to build with Mingw -- some of the guys working on the
Cocotron ported it over, so I don't anticipate problems for you.

You can grab the source from http://sourceforge.net/svn/?
group_id=246198.  Please let me know if you have any problems building
them.

Thanks,

-Brent