[webkit-dev] Queries on Bug: 23310

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Thu Feb 19 01:23:47 PST 2009

The situation is slightly more complex than that, as noted in



On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Vikram Hegde <vhegde94 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Ya i got to know changing kurl wont help.
> actually i tried one more fix which is working wer in i am modifying the
> base url in document.cpp,which gives the input to kurl the referring url as
> "about::blank" which causes the kurl to load an empty page, so once i update
> the base url in document to the actual url, the bug is not seen.
> Kindly let me know any issues in the above approach.
> Thanks,
> Vikram
> ________________________________
> From: David Kilzer <ddkilzer at webkit.org>
> To: Vikram Hegde <vhegde94 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
> Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:57:28 PM
> Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] Queries on Bug: 23310
> I don't think modifying KURL to parse JavaScript syntax is the correct
> approach.
> I have a fix for this in my local tree.  I will try to post a patch for it
> today for review.
> Dave
> ________________________________
> From: Vikram Hegde <vhegde94 at yahoo.com>
> To: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
> Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 9:50:06 PM
> Subject: [webkit-dev] Queries on Bug: 23310
> Hi ,
> The Bug 23310 is Setting an absolute path (/abs) on an <iframe> with no src
> doesn't resolve the URL properly.
> So I have analysed the bug,and here are my comments.Kindly let me know i m
> on the right track of solving the bug.
> Analysis:
> The kurl.cpp is the actual place where the url gets resolved and is being
> parsed.So the parameter for the init function in kurl.cpp should have the
> complete format i.e. javascript:document.location.replace('/') instead the
> parameter which is being parsed contains only /.This is the reason why the
> parsing of the url is not done properly and invalidate function gets called
> which redirects the page to reflect nothing.
> In short i think the scr which the kurl should parse should be the entire
> string (javascript:document.location.replace('/') ) . This is the reason i
> feel the parsing of url is not done propely.
> Kindly suggest whether i m in the right track or not and the possible
> solutions for the problem.
> Thanks & Regards,
> Vikram
> _______________________________________________
> webkit-dev mailing list
> webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
> http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/webkit-dev

More information about the webkit-dev mailing list