[webkit-dev] getComputedStyle() and the content property

Johan Olsson Johan.Olsson at lbi.com
Fri Feb 6 03:16:48 PST 2009

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but I have a
question about the getComputedStyle() in Webkit.

In Safari 3.2.1 Win, I have not been able to extract the "content:" CSS
property, both with and without providing a pseudo-element for
getComputedStyle() (It works fine in Firefox and Opera). I noticed that
the method has a bunch of properties correspond to  CSS props; I made a
listing of them and didn't find "content"... so, I take it that there is
no way of getting it through getComputedStyle()?

Since "content:" is a CSS 2.1 property and supported in CSS by Webkit, I
wonder if anyone knows of any rationale that it's not accessible through
Javascript?

Thanks,

Johan Olsson
Interface Developer