[webkit-dev] Question about Heap::markConservatively.

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Sun Dec 20 23:29:01 PST 2009

On Monday 21 December 2009 07:31:12 pattin.shieh wrote:

> b. Cound somebody tell me the crash reason about?  I think maybe program
> access non-align(4bytes) memory address?

Hi,

this is this interesting. Normally we are interested in a reduction. This
means the smallest possible test case that is showing the error? Could you
come up with that?

Regarding your assumption on unaligned memory access. The Linux kernel has at
least three different modes to handle the alignment trap. Which one do you have
set? You could set the fixup+warn mode and then see in dmesg which PC was doing
this operation and use addr2line to find the place...

For Linux please see Documentation/arm/mem_alignment in the linux tree.

z.