[webkit-dev] bug life cycle questions

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:49:49 PST 2009

I have a few questions about the WebKit bug life cycle I was hoping
someone could answer.  I'm going to be updating the bug life cycle
page soon:

http://webkit.org/quality/lifecycle.html

So any information you provide is something I can incorporate.

Here are the questions:

(1) Generally speaking, who has Bugzilla "canconfirm" privileges?

(2) When a bug is out of the UNCONFIRMED status, what individuals can
set the "Assigned To" field?

(3) Before starting work on an UNCONFIRMED bug, what's the most
efficient way of getting that bug assigned to you (assuming you do not
have "canconfirm" privileges, etc)?

(4) Finally, the bug life cycle page says, "Each bug is initially
assigned to the person designated as owner of the component."  But
most new WebKit bugs I see have assignee "webkit-unassigned".  Does
the WebKit project have a concept of owner or the equivalent?

Thanks,
--Chris