[webkit-dev] Should we ever change style guidelines?

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Thu Dec 10 07:27:11 PST 2009

On Wednesday 09 December 2009 07:52:22 pm Peter Kasting wrote:
> You haven't really said why.  The closest you got was the vague "It is also
> true that the current style guidelines if
> practiced pedantically in every case can lead to potential bugs."  Bugs
> like what?  Perhaps if there are some, we should change the appropriate
> guide, instead of leaving the choice up to a reviewer, who, if the rule
> really _can_ be problematic, might erroneously enforce it.

Off the top of my head as a reviewer I'd accept:

	if (color.red() == 255 && color.green() == 0 && color.blue() == 255) // pink!

over

	if (color.red() == 255 && !color.green() && color.blue() == 255) // pink!

most days of the week...  Consistency and all that.

Cheers,
Adam

PS: Maybe not on a monday.  I really hate mondays :)