[webkit-dev] Proposing style guide change regarding braces on conditional arms

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Thu Dec 3 22:17:08 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Chris Jerdonek <chris.jerdonek at gmail.com>wrote:

> For the people thinking about this, it would be nice if the final
> policy minimizes (and does not increase) the likelihood of having to
> modify several lines of surrounding code after touching one line of
> code.  I don't think this consideration has been raised.

Do you mean "in the steady state of modifying the code base" or "while files
aren't compliant with whatever change might get made"?  I think you mean the
former, but if so, I'm not sure what policy would serve you best.  Ideally
you'd want "always use braces", but failing that, each proposal has a
different set of cases where you do/don't have to change as you touch
things.

PK