[webkit-dev] I *HATE* CHANGELOGS!!!

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Wed Aug 26 15:37:18 PDT 2009

If the files could just merge properly, I would not be so annoyed, but
the fact that you basically have to re-resolve conflicts every time
anyone beats you to a checkin is just horrible.  Surely other people
run into this.  It wastes time for me on practically every single
checkin.... and I have ended up causing regressions because I don't
wait to re-run layout tests every time just because I am trying to get
my files landed before someone else modified the ChangeLog again.

On top of that sometimes the ChangeLog merges cleanly but puts your
entry underneath others, and then you have to open the file and move
your entry back to the top.  Sometimes I have not noticed this and
then I land with someone else's commit message.

I just don't get why people are willing to put up with this.  It's
really driving me crazy.

dave