[webkit-dev] How to handle Array types in IDL files?

Cameron McCormack cam at mcc.id.au
Wed Aug 26 00:34:50 PDT 2009

Maciej Stachowiak:
> We probably need special support for Web IDL array types in the
> bindings generator. Sam can probably comment n more detail. As a
> stopgap, we could make the relevant IDL attributes be JS only. I
> would check out what Web IDL says about Array - I don't think it's
> supposed to be reflected as just a vanilla JS Array.

Currently Web IDL says that when getting an attribute of type
sequence<T>, a new JS Array object is returned.  For array types,
T[], a host object with particular [[Get]] and [[Put]] behaviour is
meant to be used, which makes it similar to a native Array.

Both of these things are pretty speculative, and could do with review.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/