[webkit-dev] LayoutTest results choose from which folder?

Dan Bernstein mitz at apple.com
Sat Aug 22 10:45:07 PDT 2009

On Aug 22, 2009, at 10:33 AM, Chris Fleizach wrote:

> I just committed
>
> http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/47675
>
> which affects LayoutTest/accessibility/aria-roles.html
>
> The result is different on SnowLeopard than it is on Tiger/Leopard
>
> To account for this difference, I have an -expected file in platform/
> mac-snowleopard
>
> where the line is
>
> < This test PASSES in DumpRenderTree. The role is AXRole: AXList
>
> There is an existing file in platform/mac/
>
> where the line is
>
> > This test PASSES in DumpRenderTree. The role is AXRole: AXGroup
>
> ---
> Now after committing, Tiger/Leopard are complaining and saying
> http://build.webkit.org/results/Tiger%20Intel%20Release/r47675%20(3758)/accessibility/aria-roles-pretty-diff.html
>
> that it is expecting my the expected file from mac-snowleopard
> instead of platform/mac
>

> My question is, why does Tiger/Leopard expect the file in the mac-
> snowleopard folder
>
> http://build.webkit.org/results/Tiger%20Intel%20Release/r47675%20(3758)/accessibility/aria-roles-expected.txt

Hi Chris,

In layout test results, we make the latest Mac OS X version the rule,
and earlier versions the exception. Tiger will look for results in mac-
tiger first, then in mac-leopard, then in mac-snowleopard, then in
mac, then finally in cross-platform results. Leopard will begin the
search in mac-leopard, continue to mac-snowleopard, then mac, the
cross-platform.

As you can see, there are no expected results in mac-snowleopard
(other than the ones you just added), because it’s the latest Mac OS X
version. We will only start putting expected results in mac-
snowleopard when the “latest” version (for which we put results in
mac) will be something different.

You should put the expected results for Snow Leopard in platform/mac
(or, if they are cross-platform, alongside the test), and you should
put the results for Leopard and earlier in platform/mac-leopard.

—Dan