[webkit-dev] JSC without Dependencies

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Mon Aug 17 10:22:55 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Brian Barnes <ggadwa at charter.net> wrote:

> My interest in WebKit is integrating my game engine with JSC.  I'm far
> enough into the switch over that I've begun looking at compiling it on my
> own.  My goal -- which might be a fools errand -- is to create a win32 VS
> compile without dependencies.  I don't know if this is something that I
> could give back to the project or if it's at cross purposes with the
> project.

I am unable to help you with this goal, but if you don't care which JS
engine you use, note that V8 can be downloaded and compiled standalone (see
instructions at http://code.google.com/apis/v8/build.html ) and apparently
so can SpiderMonkey (instructions at
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/SpiderMonkey_Build_Documentation , I'm not
sure if this applies to TraceMonkey as I'm not in the loop on that engine).

PK