[webkit-dev] Documenting common null pointer errors

Joe Mason joe.mason at torchmobile.com
Wed Aug 12 04:54:07 PDT 2009

Adam Barth wrote:
> This is now up on the site:
>
> http://webkit.org/coding/major-objects.html
>
> It's not linked from anywhere yet.  It might be a good idea for a
> couple of folks to look at it.  It reflects my understanding of how
> things work, which might well be wrong.

"NULL after navigation" could be clearer - it suggests that DOMWindow
and everything below it only exists if you type the URL, but not if a
page is loaded by clicking a link, which can't be true.  Does it mean
that it's NULL immediately after navigation, while waiting for the load,
and is replaced by a valid pointer after loading?

Joe