[webkit-dev] Using JavaScriptCore in Win32

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:26:51 PDT 2009

Hi Brian,

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Brian Barnes<ggadwa at charter.net> wrote:
>> The Apple port (which you cannot redistribute to end users) requires
>> (among other things) Apple's CoreFoundation library.  The
>> CoreFoundation build dependencies include stdbool and stdint header
>> files.   The WinCairo port uses the freely redistributable CFLite
>> library, which includes effectively the same stdbool/stdint headers.

> OK, but what I want is JavaScriptCore only, to integrate with my game engine
> (which right now uses SpiderMonkey, the one in FireFox.)  I'm hoping that I
> can get this code alone with the minimal of dependencies, but it seems it
> hasn't fully been untangled in places.
>
> It has no interface, it should require very little (or no) additional
> libraries.

Dependency walker tells me that the JavaScriptCore.dll depends on
CFLite.dll, pthreadvc2.dl, and ICUUC40.dll.  Perhaps these links are
not all needed; now that JavaScriptCore is its own DLL, we should be
able to get rid of pthreadvc2 (IIRC, the only reason it was kept after
the win32 threading work was that a dll target was needed for handling
thread shut-down.)

I'm not sure if CFLite/CoreFoundation is really needed.  Their
inclusion in the header file is no doubt the cause of your compiler
problems, but it might just be that the CoreFoundation link library
was left in when JavaScriptCore was made a separate DLL.

Darin, do you know if CoreFoundation is really needed by
JavaScriptCore? Or maybe Olliver would know?

Thanks,

-Brent