[webkit-dev] TestShell for WebKit rendering engine

Lucius Fox lucius.fox08 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 19:20:06 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Mark Rowe <mrowe at apple.com> wrote:

> On 2009-04-30, at 10:48, Lucius Fox wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Mark Rowe <mrowe at apple.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The MiniBrowser example ships with the Mac OS X developer tools, and is
>>> installed at /Developer/Examples/WebKit alongside other WebKit-related
>>> sample code.
>>

>> Thank you. How can I use the MiniBrowser example project to use the
>> Webkit code that I get from the trunk.
>> The one that I get from following this instruction:
>>
>> http://webkit.org/building/checkout.html
>
> The link that Darin sent out earlier talks about doing just that
> (<http://developer.apple.com/safari/articles/opensource/webkitnightlybuilds.html>).
>  The section titled "Testing Your Application With WebKit Nightly Builds"
> describes running MiniBrowser against a nightly build of WebKit.  The
> instructions can trivially be adapted to work with your own build of WebKit
> by changing the value of DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH to point at your built products
> directory.

Thank you for your help.
Sorry for my oversight.

When you said "your built products directory." Do you mean
"./WebKit/mac/Resources"? or "./WebCore/Resources"

I find these 'Resources' directory under my Webkit build:

$ find . -name Resources
./WebCore/Resources
./WebCore/build/Debug/WebCore.framework/Resources
./WebCore/build/Debug/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources
./WebKit/mac/Resources
./WebKitBuild/Debug/JavaScriptCore.framework/Resources
./WebKitBuild/Debug/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources
./WebKitBuild/Debug/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Resources
./WebKitBuild/Debug/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Versions/A/Resources
./WebKitBuild/Debug/WebCore.framework/Resources
./WebKitBuild/Debug/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources
./WebKitBuild/Debug/WebKit.framework/Resources
./WebKitBuild/Debug/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources