[webkit-dev] about hashmap staticDOMObjects

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Apr 22 23:26:00 PDT 2009

Re-adding list (I assume it was omitted by mistake).

On Apr 22, 2009, at 11:12 PM, ZHOU Xiao-bo wrote:

> thanks, but I have another question:
>
> Is every DOM wrapper that is inserted into the hashtable been
> protected, I mean whether they are added in
> the protectset?
> If yes, when are they inserted, if not, I think they may become wild
> pointer after Collector::collect is called.

Objects in this hashtable are not protected from garbage collection.
Instead, all DOM object wrappers that are eligible to be in this hash
table will automatically remove themselves when collected. This
ensures that the hashtable does not contain bad pointers after a GC.

  - Maciej