[webkit-dev] about hashmap staticDOMObjects

ZHOU Xiao-bo zhxb.ustc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 00:27:15 PDT 2009

hi all:
     I still don't understand the purpose of the HashMap:

static DOMObjectMap& domObjects()
{
    // Don't use malloc here. Calling malloc from a mark function can
deadlock.
    static DOMObjectMap staticDOMObjects;
    return staticDOMObjects;
}

what kind of DOMObjects should be stored in it? And why?
I searched the source codes and I found that these classes below will do
that:

Document, Event, HTMLCollection, XMLHttpRequest, CanvasGradient,
CanvasPattern, CanvasRenderingContext2D, DOMCoreException,
DOMImplementation, DOMParser, EventException, History, NamedNodeMap,
NodeFilter, NodeIterator, NodeList, Range, RangeException, TreeWalker,
XMLHttpRequestException, XMLSerializer, Clipboard

but what's the reason? Is it because these classes are essentially simple
and just acting as a tool?

thanks a lot