[webkit-dev] browser extensions

Aaron Boodman aa at chromium.org
Wed Apr 15 09:54:59 PDT 2009

Hey Patrick,

Extensions logically fall outside the boundary of the rendering
engine, and that is the way we've approached in Chromium, too. But
since Chromium extensions are basically just web pages with a few
extra APIs added, there is a relatively obvious path to compatibility
and even sharing code if other browsers ever wanted to adopt them.

- a