[webkit-dev] Squirrelfish

Cameron Zwarich cwzwarich at webkit.org
Tue Apr 14 07:32:14 PDT 2009

On 14-Apr-09, at 10:15 AM, thouraya andolsi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a look on the squirrelfish source code and I saw that there is
> no mixed mode. It means we use JIT or interpreter but we can't
> switch to interpreter if the JIT fails.
>
> Is it OK ? or I'm wrong ?

In theory, it should be possible for JavaScriptCore to support mixed-
mode execution, because the bytecode interpreter and JIT use the same
register file. However, there are currently a number of more minor
incompatibilities between the bytecode interpreter and the JIT that
make it more complicated than simply flipping a switch and having it
work.

Cameron